Thirteen Things about SAM
1. I’m ambidextrous, dyslexic, and can’t tell my right from my left.
2. History and politics fascinate me, as well as religion and other myths.
3. I’m really a terrific cook, but I don’t know where it comes from. No one taught me how to cook, I just picked it up.
4. I have nightmares almost every night, but I’ve gotten used to them. I used to wake up screaming as a kid…Now I just turn on the light and sit for a minute. Sometimes I don’t even have to do that. I think it’s hereditary – my three kids have nightmares & two walk in their sleep. My husband, who claims he rarely dreams, thinks we’re aliens.
5. I hardly ever believe anything I hear or read, I have to check and see for myself. The original doubting Thomas…It drove my parents and teachers crazy, and let’s not get into what my husband thinks of that.
6. Traditions fascinate me. I love to invent traditions for the family.
7. I’m a geek. It’s true. I took an online test and it told me I was mostly geek with a little nerd thrown in. The same as Bill Gates. I’m wondering if that means I can claim inheritance.
8. But I truly do believe that money is the root of all evil.
9. My family comes first in all situations. I’m like a lioness with my cubs when it comes to protecting my children. I can’t understand how anyone could purposely hurt a child – the idea makes me physically sick.
10. I love to run as fast as I can on the beach, barefoot on hard sand.
11. I had two emergency cesarians and my stomach looks funny. I don’t really mind because my husband told me HE doesn’t mind – but sometimes I wish I had my flat stomach back.
12. I used to be a model, but I never bother about my looks except to change hair color once in a while. Otherwise I have finally gotten around to liking my freckles after 40 years of hating them.
13. Clothes and shoes don’t interest me. I’d rather buy books or something good to eat. My favorite place to shop is the Thrift Shop, because I really could care less about clothing, so why spend lots of money for it? The only weakness I have is for cashmere sweaters. Thank goodness my mother gives me one for Christmas every year. I decided it had to be a TRADITION.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!